You and your community can commemorate Oceans Day in many ways:
- Learn all you can. Read, surf the web and experience the ocean
- Conserve the water. Be careful when washing your car or watering
- Reduce household pollutants. Cut down and properly dispose of
herbicides, pesticides and cleaning products.
- Reduce waste. Dispose of trash properly. Where possible, recycle,
reuse and compost.
- Reduce automobile pollution. Use fuel efficient vehicles or carpool.
Recycle motor oil and repair oil and air conditioning leaks.
- Protect ocean wildlife. Don’t dispose of fishing lines,
nets or plastic items in or near the water.
- Be considerate of sea life habitats. Don’t bother sea birds,
mammals and turtles or their nesting grounds. Support marine protected
- Get involved. Take part in a beach cleanup or other ocean-oriented
- Plan an Oceans Day event in your community.
- Care! Pass on your knowledge!