2012 Search for Sir John Franklin’s lost ships
DFO's Canadian Hydrographic Service and the Canadian Coast Guard are pleased to be key partners in the Parks Canada-led search for HMS Terror and HMS Erebus.
Please click the link to view the full-size interactive map.
Find out more about Sir John Franklin, the archeological expedition, the partners, and daily progress on Parks Canada’s Franklin website.
Discover how the technologies and innovations used by the Canadian Hydrographic Service to chart Canada’s sea floors are also supporting marine archeology.
In the news
- September 3, 2012 — Franklin Search Update at Cape Felix, CBC, The National (video)
- Searching for Franklin (CBC.ca)
- PM announces new project to continue search for Sir John Franklin's lost ships
- History of the 1845 Franklin Expedition and his Lost Ships HMS Erebus and HMS Terror
- 2012 Search Expedition for Franklin's Ships HMS Erebus and HMS Terror
- Date modified: