Investment in Small Craft Harbours in British Columbia
As part of a $51.7 million investment in small craft harbours across the country in 2012-2013, the Government of Canada will provide $7.3 million to repair and maintain fishing harbours in British Columbia.
Major projects being funded under the program include:
- electrical system reconstruction and harbour repairs at Port Simpson;
- large-scale floating wharf construction and installation at Port Edward;
- wharf repairs at Ladysmith, Steveston (Gulf of Georgia), Steveston (Paramount) and Port Edward;
- installation of a windwall on the top of the breakwater at Kelsey Bay;
- breakwater extension at French Creek;
- installation of fire protection at Prince Rupert (Fairview Bay); and
- dredging at Steveston (Paramount) and other Fraser River sites.
Minor repair and maintenance projects as well as some technical studies will also be carried out at fishing harbours throughout the province.
- Date modified: