User training manual
Ecosystems and Fisheries Management
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
National Online Licensing System User Training Manual
Également disponible en français : Manuel de formation de l’utilisateur relatif au Système national d’émission de permis en ligne
© Her Majesty the Queen in Right of Canada, 2015.
The National Online Licensing System applies to holders of commercial fishing licences managed by the Department of Fisheries and Oceans (DFO) Canada, including holders of commercial-communal licences and recreational fishing licences in Eastern Canada (Atlantic Canada and Quebec), as well as to registered fish harvesters.
The system is designed to help fish harvesters and other users complete licensing transactions using a computer with Internet access. This includes:
- renewals of licences, fisher registration cards*, and vessel registrations;
- fee payments to renew licences, fisher registration cards*, and vessel registrations;
- submitting licensing requests and checking the status of requests; and
- printing of licences, licence conditions, fee payment receipts, and other licensing documents.
* Applies only to fisher registration cards issued by Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
The National Online Licensing System User Training Manual is intended to guide fish harvesters and other users of the system through any of the licensing transactions that they may need to complete using the system. As such, the training manual contains step-by-step instructions of the following:
- Accessing the system, including log in and log out procedures.
- Getting familiar with the system, featuring an overview of each section of the system.
- Understanding how representatives can use the system (whether a user is appointing a representative to use the system on their behalf or a user is the representative of one or more DFO ClientsFootnote 1).
- Using the system when a user is authorized to do so on behalf of an Organization.
- Performing licensing transactions, such as paying fees, submitting requests and printing documents.
- Changing personal information, such as adding an e-mail account to a user’s profile.
- Accessing Client Support, when users need help using the system.
- Troubleshooting, featuring assistance to some common computer and online system issues.
Table of Contents
- 1. Accessing the System
- 1.1 Getting Started
- 1.2 Log In
- 1.3 Ways of Logging in
- 1.4 Getting Your GCKey
- 1.5 Log In with GCKey
- 1.6 First Time Log In
- 1.7 Return Log In
- 1.8 System Log Out
- 2. Getting Familiar with the System
- 2.1 Navigating the System
- 2.2 Notifications
- 2.3 Profile
- 2.4 Licensing
- 2.5 Requests
- 2.6 Payments
- 3. Representatives
- 3.1 Appointing a Representative
- 3.2 Becoming a Representative
- 3.3 Using the System as a Representative
- 4. Organizations
- 4.1 Using the System on behalf of an Organization
- 4.2 Updating your Organizations
- 4.3 Registering a New Organization
- 4.4 Assigning an Authorized Individual to an Organization
- 4.5 Removing an Authorized Individual from an Organization
- 5. Licensing Transactions
- 5.1 Printing Documents
- 5.2 Requests
- 5.3 Paying Fees
- 5.4 Applying a Credit
- 5.5 Viewing your Payments
- 6. Changing Personal Information
- 7. Client Support
- 8. Troubleshooting
- Date modified: