Recovering an Online Profile: Step-by-Step
You may need to follow these steps if you are an existing DFO client, and:
- you have an expired or lost Passcode;
- you have used the National Online Licensing System in the past, and lost your GCKey User ID or Sign-In Partner log in information; or
- you have forgotten your GCKey password and you have also forgotten your Recovery Questions.
You can request a Passcode Reset by contacting Client Support by toll-free telephone at: 1-877-535-7307 or by email at: email@example.com. When sending a request for a Passcode Reset, please indicate if you would prefer to receive your Passcode via Canada Post or over the telephone (indicate your preferred callback time).
You may also need to complete the following steps if you are a new DFO client and DFO has created your online profile for you and then provided you with a Passcode.
If you need to create a new GCKey, refer to the “Getting your GCKey: Step-by-Step” guide. Once you have created your new GCKey, continue onto Step 5. If you want to use an existing GCKey, start at step 1.
- Type https://fishing-peche.dfo-mpo.gc.ca in your Internet browser and click the button of your preferred language.
- Click the “GCKey Log In” button.
- Type in your GCKey User ID and password and click the “Log In” button.
- Click the “Continue” button.
- Type your DFO Passcode in the box and click the “Validate passcode” button.
- Click the “Continue” button to add your e-mail address to your profile, if you haven’t done so previously.
NOTE:You must provide an e-mail address to complete your registration to use the National Online Licensing System.
- Click the “I accept” button to accept the terms and conditions of use.
- Type in your e-mail address. Then, click the “Next” button.
- Check your mailing address. If it is correct, click the circle to continue without modifying the address. Then, click the “Next” button.
If your address is not correct, click the circle to modify your address, as well as the way you want to update it: either by typing just your postal code; or by typing all of your address information. Then, click the “Next” button and follow the instructions on the next few screens.
- Verify your telephone number and area code are correct or type in the correct information. Then, click the “Next” button.
- Review your updated profile and click the “Save” button if it is correct.
- Next, click the “Confirm” button.
- You will now be logged in to the National Online Licensing System. Your registration to use the system is complete.
- Date modified: