Report a Fisheries Violation
Canada's fish are a priceless heritage, the common property of all the people of Canada.
Everyone who uses or enjoys the outdoors has a responsibility to
protect and maintain it, but not everyone takes this responsibility
seriously. Each year, Fishery Officers lay charges for illegal
fishing, damage to fish habitat, polluting and other violations of the Fisheries Act.
If you observe a fisheries violation, you are encouraged to report it.
In any province or territory this may be done through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Additional Reporting Numbers
- DFO: Observe, Record, Report (ORR) Line - 1-800-465-4336
- Province: Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) - 1-877-952-7277
- Province: Report a Poacher - 1-800-642-3800
- Province: Turn in Poachers - 1-800-667-7561
- Province: 1-877-TIPS MNR (847-7667)
- DFO: Poaching Alert - 1-800-463-9057
- Natural Resources Canada: Report a Poacher - 1-800-565-2224
- DFO (via Coast Guard Regional Operations Centre) - 1-800-565-1633
- Territory: Turn in Poachers / Polluters (TIP Line) 1-800-661-0525
- DFO: 1-867-669-4900
- Territory: Report a Poacher - 1-866-762-2437
- Date modified: