Report a Fisheries Violation
Canada's freshwater and marine species are a priceless heritage, the common property of all the people of Canada.
Everyone who uses or enjoys the outdoors has a responsibility to protect and maintain it, but not everyone takes this responsibility seriously. Each year, Fishery Officers lay charges for illegal fishing, damage to fish habitat, polluting, disturbance to marine mammals and other violations of the Fisheries Act and associated regulations.
If you observe a fisheries violation, you are encouraged to report it.
In any province or territory this may be done through Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477).
Additional Reporting Numbers
- DFO: Observe, Record, Report (ORR) Line - 1-800-465-4336
- Province: Report All Poachers and Polluters (RAPP) - 1-877-952-7277
- Province: Report a Poacher - 1-800-642-3800
- Province: Turn in Poachers - 1-800-667-7561
- Province: 1-877-TIPS MNR (847-7667)
- Fisheries and Oceans Canada – Poaching Alert
Report Online or 1-800-463-9057
- Province – SOS Braconnage (in freshwater) : 1 800 463-2191
- Natural Resources Canada: Report a Poacher - 1-800-565-2224
- DFO (via Coast Guard Regional Operations Centre) - 1-800-565-1633
- Territory: Turn in Poachers / Polluters (TIP Line) 1-800-661-0525
- DFO: 1-867-669-4900
- Territory: Report a Poacher - 1-866-762-2437
- Date modified: