Policy on the translation of documents
Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat
1. Policy Title
Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat (CSAS) policy on the translation of documents.
2. Effective Date
This policy is effective April 1, 2018.
3. Policy Objective
The objective of this policy is to present the Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat commitment to provision of CSAS products in both official languages.
4. Policy Statement
CSAS publications published after April 1, 2018 are available in both official languages.
All publications published prior to April 1, 2018 that are available in one official language only, will be made available in the other official language upon request to the Secretariat.
The CSAS coordinates peer review of science information at Fisheries and Oceans Canada.
Four different series of CSAS publications are currently being produced:
- Science Advisory Reports (SAR): documents the peer reviewed scientific advice that is achieved through the consensus of the meeting participants.
- Research Documents: documents the scientific studies and analyses that were peer reviewed during a peer review meeting. These documents are based on working papers that are produced before the meeting.
- Proceedings: documents the discussions that occur during a peer review meeting.
- Science Responses: documents the peer reviewed scientific advice and proceedings for urgent and unforeseen meetings as per the Science Response Process.
6. Application and authority
Questions on the policy may be addressed by mail or e-mail to:
Director, Canadian Science Advisory Secretariat
Oceans and Science Sector
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
200 Kent St.
Canada K1A 0E6
- Date modified: