Identification of immunoreactive peptides to function as vaccine candidates in a recombinant subunit vaccine against Loma salmonae
- Obtain full length cDNA sequence data for 10-15 L. salmonae genes by creating a subtractive, normalized cDNA library and sequencing 96 clones.
- Compare the genes uncovered using genomic and proteomic approaches, and attempt to isolate from cDNA "important" genes that were identified in peptide surveys.
- Identify and synthesize peptide sequences which have adjacent or overlapping B- and T-cell epitopes.
- Test peptides for immunoreactivity using convalescent antiserum and by their ability to stimulate proliferation of peripheral blood leukocytes from recovered chinook salmon.
- Rank peptides for their suitability as candidates to be incorporated into a recombinant subunit vaccine.
2006 - 2007
Pacific: Vancouver Island West Coast
- Date modified: