Public consultation on risk-based approach on the transfer of live fish
Current status: Closed
This consultation ran from June 2019 to August 2019.
This consultation asked for input on an interim decision-making framework for moving of live fish under section 56 of the Fishery Regulations. In particular, it looked at transferring fish from hatcheries to marine waters and between marine sites.
The proposed decision-making framework is aligned with all of the elements of the interim Framework for Aquaculture Risk Management and will:
- set out a process for:
- assessing the impacts of movements on wild fish
- determining if testing for pathogens is warranted
- respect applicable provisions of the Fishery Regulations that govern the movement of fish
- serve as an enhanced decision-making guide for developing advice on whether to issue licenses for fish movements
How Canadians participated
Participation involved reviewing the document Risk-based approach on the movement of live fish under section 56 of the Fishery (General) Regulations and submitting comments by email.
Who was the focus of this consultation
This consultation was looking for comments from:
- Indigenous peoples
- aquaculture industry
- environmental organizations
- fish harvester groups
- the general public
Aquaculture Management Directorate
Fisheries and Oceans Canada
200 Kent St (10th floor)
Ottawa ON K1A0E6
- Date modified: