Tidal waters sport fshing licence issuance (Pacific only)
- Access to National Recreational Licensing System, (which issues Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licences), online portal provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
- Phone and email inquiries responded to within 5 business days.
For each authorization, the target for achieving the corresponding standard is set as follows:
- National Recreational Licensing System: 98 percent of the time.
- Phone and email inquiries: 90 percent of the time.
|Access to National Recreational Licensing System, (which issues Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licences), online portal provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week.||98%||98%||99%||98%|
|Phone and email inquiries responded to within 5 business days.||90%||95%||99%||99%|
Applying for a tidal waters sport fishing license:
Tidal Waters Sport Fishing Licenses can be obtained online through the National Recreational Licencing System, which gives step by step guidance on how to obtain a licence.
More information on recreational licensing is available online at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/index-eng.html
In order to print a licence on a personal computer, you will need a printer with 8.5 x 11 letter-sized paper, Adobe Reader, a compatible web browser, and a valid credit or debit card for fee payment.
** Apply outside peak periods to avoid potential system delays. The best time to access the National Recreational Licensing System is outside the following peak periods: every day from 12-3pm; every Friday, Saturday, and Sunday; April 1st of each year; and anytime there is a major fishery opening.
Licences can also be purchased through Independent Access Providers. A list of current service providers and their locations may be found at http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/fm-gp/rec/licence-permis/iap-fai-eng.html.
Feedback on these service standards should be directed to:
Client Support, National Recreational Licensing System
Toll-Free Telephone: 1-877-535-7307
For more information
- Government-Wide Forward Regulatory Plans
- The Cabinet Directive on Regulatory Management
- The Red Tape Reduction Action Plan
- The Canada–United States Regulatory Cooperation Council
- Date modified: